Linux 2.6.32 was released overnight. This has been a fairly busy release for ASoC, with changes including:
- Redone power sequencing code, giving shorter power sequences which
should reduce the effect of any artifacts that exist.
- Reporting of power management decisions via debugfs, enabling much
easier diagnosis of path setup problems.
- Beginning of work to factor out the register access and caching code
from the individual CODEC drivers into a shared file. This needs to
be rolled out over more CODEC drivers.
- New CODEC drivers for AD1836, AK4642, MAX9877, WM8523, WM8776, WM8961, WM8974 and WM8993
- New CPU support for multi-channel Blackfin SPORT, DaVinci McASP, i.MX2x SSI, and OMAP 1510 McBSP.